Amherst Island Public School enters school teams in inter-school sports sponsored by surrounding schools and those sponsored by or District Board Sports Committee. All students on teams are required to have basic student accident insurance coverage. (Please read previous insurance section). Practices will be held at noon depending on other events and the duties of staff members.
Parents/Guardians will be informed of all out of school games and asked to sign the activity/excursion permission form. Criteria for a school team are as follows;
1. Attitude - positive, cooperative, team player
2. Skills - improving, practice, follows directions
3. Behaviour - in all aspects of school life
4. Academics - completes daily work to the satisfaction of the classroom teachers
5. Attendance - coach must be informed prior to absences - maximum of two (except for illnesses).
The Board’s website for elementary school sports is :